jennifer.j.frisbie @ gmail.com — 312.498.6255
Passionate and strategic design thinker, years of experience across a breadth of industries
• Contextual inquiry and ethnography • Active listener, observer • Significant experience in healthcare + diabetes space
• Qualitative, quantitative data analysis • Quick adaption to new tools, software • Training development and presentation experience
FREELANCE UX DESIGN, RESEARCH, CONTENT STRATEGY 2003 - present
Clients: Abbott Laboratories, Motorola, Pearson Education, Akorn Pharmaceuticals, Best Buy, US Bank, JP Morgan
JAMF SOFTWARE | Minneapolis, MN | Dec 2018–Feb 2019
UX Research for market expansion: Contextual inquiry, competitive research, market evaluation, surveys, interviews
Expanded participant base significantly via unorthodox use of usertesting.com.
MIDWEST MEDICAL | Mound's View, MN | 2018
Experience research into corporate procedures
UX heuristic evaluation of and recommendations for corporate Web sites.
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA | MINNEAPOLIS
Faculty site design, UX testing and findings report creation 2012–2016
Testing site visitor behaviors around stakeholder goals (click tests, tree tests, card sorts,remote video, A/B, interviews), competitive analysis, personas, creating findings reports with site recommendations improving information architecture/findability, clarity, revenue growth.
Recommending value proposition and its communication for this department’s brand
Correcting/applying university branding, editing content for Web readability, highlighting student resumes matching job finding for users to department placement record.
Research, matching stakeholder and user needs in faculty, grant-reporting sites.
HUMAN HEALTH PROJECT | ONLINE | 2015
As UX lead, shaped the brand’s value proposition.
Methodologies: competitive analysis, market research, industry analysis, interviews, card sorting, click tests, task analyses.
Deliverables: personas, wireframes, survey, heuristic evaluation, findings reports.
MAYO CLINIC | ROCHESTER, MN | 2010–2011
User Experience Research and Design, Data Analysis
• Developed quantitative indexing system in creating extensive healthcare personas
• Survey design
• Contextual inquiry with physicians to design solutions for iPad use with patient visits and EHR
• Data visualization, report writing, oral presentation
DELOITTE TOUCHE TOHMATSU | CHICAGO | 2003–2012
Strategic Creative Lead for Global, Content Specialist, Global Web Training
• Developed, led monthly team training for global member-firm sites around brand use and Web content best practices
• Designed, tested conversion of printed annual report to experiential site-lets, saving approx. $200,000
• Researched, designed integration of site RFP, generating over 100 firm engagements in its first month
• Researched site visitors, Omniture data, developed pages extending visitor time
• Art directed external agency contributions
• Established style guides, electronic files to maintain brand coherence across 80+ member firms
• Content creation: information graphics, retouched photography, created print and Web pieces, wrote and edited Web copy
A PARTNERSHIP OF DIABETICS | MINNEAPOLIS | 2011–2012 (Volunteer)
Raised awareness of this low-income diabetic support group, connecting the group with HealthPartners, assisting with meetings and graduate research projects.
Methodologies: Persona creation, ethnography, concept testing, scenario mapping, contextual inquiry.
Deliverables: Presentations to Life Science Alley, HealthPartners and Minnesota’s Longfellow neighborhood clinic physicians.
PREVENT CHILD ABUSE AMERICA | CHICAGO | 2010–2011 (Volunteer)
Art directed, designed and tested information architecture for redesign of their national site, and taxonomy development and validation. Methodologies: card sorting, tree tests, persona development, stakeholder briefings, wireframe concept testing.
SAPIENT CORPORATION | 2009 (Freelance)
In-home contextual inquiry driving innovation strategy for a national book publisher.
JC WHITNEY | CHICAGO | 2008
Content Specialist, Wellness Committee Lead
• Created content, design solutions, personas and wireframes as designer, and quality assurance lead for multivariate testing
• As Wellness Committee lead instigated and enrolled 60% of the company in a cost-saving weight-loss challenge
IBBOTSON ASSOCIATES | 2007
Design, testing of investment software. taxonomy development, validation via hallway testing, competitive analysis, and task analyses and testing
THE ALLEY | CHICAGO | 2006
• Planned long- and short-term marketing plan, branding strategy and competitive analysis
• Conducted shop-alongs and 1-on-1 interview research with customers, surveys
ARTHUR ANDERSEN | CHICAGO • 1998–2002
Strategic Creative Lead for Global, Content Specialist, Electronic Media Brand Lead
• Managed 4-person design team in very heavy production of infographics for news-story based site knowledgespace.com and Andersen.com, including guiding external agencies.
• Increased site visits by initiating regular publishing of home page content highlighting firm successes
• Created, led monthly best practices team-building and brand training for global site teams
• Created style guides, electronic files maintaining brand coherence across 80+ member firms
• Developed image library system and copyright management
Illinois Institute of Technology, Institute of Design | Chicago | M.S. Design Methods
Healthcare design, ethnography, and research focus
Miami University | Oxford, OH | B.A., International Studies, Spanish minor
Student copy-editor, reporter, and production
Extensive journalism coursework, reporter and editor with student newspaper
Fundacion Jose Ortega y Gassett, Toledo, Spain (via U/Minnesota)
Semester program in Spanish history. Initiated student publication.
Nielsen-Norman Group | UX Certification, courses:
• Information Architecture I
• Information Architecture 2
• Usability Testing
• The UX Team of One
• UX Strategy and Research
• Interaction Design
• UX Academy
The Team W, Susan Weinschenk, courses:
• Design for Engagement—How to Design So People Take Action
• How to Use Task Analysis to Design the Best User Experience
• How to Use User Testing to Create Great Digital Products
• How to Use Personas & Scenarios to Design the Best Product
• How to Persuade and Motivate With Great Presentations
Northwestern University | Chicago | Negotiation certificate
GUARDIAN AD LITEM | SAINT PAUL | 2011–2012
Monitored family, physician, caretaker records and medical/monitoring tests of a family and child to ensure best interests of the child were followed for this family in Ramsey County family court. Appeared in court delivering reports on the case.
© 2018 by Jennifer Frisbie, Connecting the Dots Design